As a DC IT Technician, you will be responsible for ensuring proper functioning of the hardware contained in the Data Center as well as deploying and maintaining servers in a fast-paced environment with rapidly shifting priorities. Additionally, you will be providing the support, maintenance, deployment, upgrade and optimization of infrastructure all while ensuring quality and sustainability at all times.
- Install and remove servers from racks in order to deliver them to customers in an efficient manner ensuring quality and adherence in execution and protocol at every stage (server isolation, circuit, powering up server, configuring network, guaranteeing continuity of service to neighboring servers...);
- Test equipment, troubleshoot and conduct preventive server maintenance and corrective actions;
- Participate in emergency troubleshooting of datacenter infrastructure and if necessary, escalate to the appropriate person(s) accompanying any issue to the end of troubleshooting;
- Perform overhauls and maintenance for non-rented servers;
- Install and prepare material as requested, deploy new equipment following all available documentation;
- Monitor equipment dashboards and status indicators;
- Ensure adherence to service levels defined for installation, repair/ maintenance or customization of servers;
- Assess the severity of faults and make the necessary incident reports;
- Receive and track materials sent by the head office and / or subcontractors, suppliers.
Required Skills and Background
- Good knowledge of hardware (components) of dedicated servers
- Linux and Windows operating system proficiency preferred
- Strong knowledge of Data Center environment (network, electrical, air-flow, air filtration, cooling)
- Technical degree : preferred subject – information technology
- Ability to perform tasks as assigned with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Able to multitask and prioritize in a fast paced environment and maintain attention to details
- Easily approachable and reacts calmly under stressful situations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work any shift in a 24X7 Operation, including weekends and holidays
OVH US is a global, hyper-scale cloud provider that offers businesses industry-leading performance and value. Vertically integrated to own its network, server technology and green data centers, OVH US operates more cost effectively and passes these benefits back to customers. Controlling each step in the global solution allows OVH US to provide the best performance, price, security, and customer service in the industry. OVH US is a subsidiary of OVH Group, the largest European hosting provider, with more than one million customers across 138 countries and four continents. Thus, OVH US customers join a global network with 26 data centers, 32 points of presence, and thousands of miles of dark fiber.