are responsible for handling daily 24x7x365 production monitoring and incident response. Team members respond to alerts, perform basic troubleshooting and escalate to other tiers as needed. The Response Center is also the central point of incident response for critical customer impacting events. We coordinate engagement with appropriate levels in the vCloud Air team and ensure issues are handled within service level agreements. This team consists of US and overseas staffing to ensure around the clock coverage of customers’ systems is maintained.
- Respond to customer escalated issues, primarily by web interface, telephone and e-mail.
- Resolve customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting.
- Monitor environment using provided tools and escalate issues as required.
- Work flexible schedules, which may include evenings, weekends or holidays.
- Perform 24x7 on-call responsibilities during scheduled periods.
- Document all technical inquiries, develop and review content for knowledge base. 12-hour shift 3on 4 off on a 2
Required Skills and Background
- 2+ years’ experience in an IT related role or comparable education.
- VMware administration and troubleshooting knowledge highly desired.
- Solid understanding of a virtualized infrastructure environment using VMware technologies.
- Solid understanding of LAN/WAN protocols and topologies. For example: TCP/IP, Ethernet, etc.
- Basic understanding of network security concepts such as NAT, VPN, IP Sec., and Firewalls.
- Basic understanding of internetworking hardware such as switches, routers, VPN devices, Internet Access Devices, Remote Access Devices, etc.
- Basic understanding of Network Administration, including users, permissions, Client/Server networks, login authentication, SNMP, Network Admin. Software, etc.
- Basic ability to analyze and understand Error Logs, Configuration files, network maps, MIB's, Packet captures event logs, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing professional office environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent analysis, trouble shooting, and communications skills
- Ability to provide detailed case notes according to internal procedures and standards of quality.
- Driven and responsible, requiring a minimal amount of supervision.
- Spelling/grammar and typing proficiency required.
- Passion for taking care of the customer and resolving the customer's problems
- Technical certifications such as MCSE, A+, Network+, VMware certified professional, etc. are preferable.
- Degree in IT/IS field is a plus.
OVH US is a global, hyper-scale cloud provider that offers businesses industry-leading performance and value. Vertically integrated to own its network, server technology and green data centers, OVH US operates more cost effectively and passes these benefits back to customers. Controlling each step in the global solution allows OVH US to provide the best performance, price, security, and customer service in the industry. OVH US is a subsidiary of OVH Group, the largest European hosting provider, with more than one million customers across 138 countries and four continents. Thus, OVH US customers join a global network with 26 data centers, 32 points of presence, and thousands of miles of dark fiber.